- Finance & Accounting
- Programming & Development
- IT & Software
- Office Productivity
- Education Management
- Business Software
- HR & Recruiting
- Video Resume
- Small Business
- Women Owned Businesses
- Businesses Owned by People of Color
- Health and Wellness
- Sales and Marketing Example
- Video Blitz Submission
- Legal and Law
How to Use the Countif Function in Excel | Excel COUNTIF Function
Hello Everyone, How are you doing today?
In today's video, we have a new instruction for you.
How to use the count if function in excel?
Without further hesitation, let's get started with this really simple video.
● One of Excel's statistical functions is to count if
● It's an excellent function to use if you have a range of cells and you want to count how many of them satisfy a certain criterion that matter if using a superb function.
Let me demonstrate now.
If the function is used, how is calculated?
Here is a data table with columns for the year and value.
● A value of 2005 has been entered in the criterion column as a representation of the year 2005.
● This value will be used as a variety of criteria.
Let's begin by typing the count if command.
The two-parameter range and the criterion cells that you wish to count depending on the criteria are the first two inputs for the count if function.
The standards by which to select which cells to count
We'll now enter the range A2 TO A7
● The criteria that will be applied to the range A2 to A7must now be entered.
● This criterion may be either a value or a reference to a cell that contains a value.
● Next, I will enter D2 2005.
● The count if value, will test each value in the range A2:A7. Check to see if its success in 2005
● Now that we have entered the two parameters, let's check the number of returns from the functions to see if the value one is displayed.
● This value will be determined by examining the values in the cells (A2:A7) and counting only those cells that contain the value 2005 in this instance.
Hence, A3 our count
This is how to use excel simple count in if function to return the value 1.
If you found this video helpful, please click the "like" button and subscribe to our channel to see more content like it.
Thank you for watching. If you would like to learn more about such topics, please let us know in the comments section below.
Please subscribe to our channel for such informational videos.
#DancingNumbers #MicrosoftExcel #ExcelTutorials #ExcelVideoTutorials
See all Excel tutorial videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playli....st?list=PLtVAMpwp7qC
💠Try the Free Trials For QuickBooks Desktop: https://bit.ly/dancingnumbers-desktop 💠
💠 Try the Free Trials For QuickBooks Online: https://bit.ly/dancingnumbers-online 💠
You can Connect with us on Social Media:
☛ Facebook: https://bit.ly/33SO5Mk
☛ Twitter: https://bit.ly/3lVfnb8
☛ Instagram: https://bit.ly/3oBuisq