While working on the QuickBooks Desktop applications, the user sometimes experiences connectivity issues that lead to errors. The error often triggers because of internal and external factors. Such connection errors restrict user from accessing the company file and displays a message, “It appears that the QuickBooks software on computer is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the QuickBooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it.” These types of issues can be easily resolved using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. The tool helps rebuild the network, thereby resolving the issue. Read the complete blog to learn how to download and use the Connection Diagnostic Tool of QuickBooks.
If you want to know how to resolve issues using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
List of QuickBooks errors that can be resolved using the connection tool
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager errors.
- Network and connectivity errors
- Damaged company file and Windows registry errors.
- QuickBooks 6000 series error
- Errors related to Windows Firewall
- QuickBooks update errors
Steps to Download QuickBooks Connection Tool
The following steps will help you download the QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool that will eventually help you get rid of the error that you are facing.
- Visit the official website of Intuit and download the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file.
- When the download completes, check your workstation to ensure no previous version of the tool is installed on the system.
- If you find one, uninstall it.
- Next, open the downloaded setup file by double-clicking it and accept the terms and conditions.
- Keep following the instructions you see on the screen until the installation completes.
- Enter the admin password when required and select OK.
Read more :- Quickbooks unrecoverable error
What’s inside the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
The tool contains the following three utilities:
- The Diagnose Connection tab: It helps resolve issues related to the multi-user mode that stops the user from accessing the company file.
- Firewall status: It troubleshoots errors related to Windows Firewall.
- Test Connectivity: It is used to check connectivity between the server computer that hosts the company file and the workstation connected to it.
Steps to run the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Open the Task Manager and end all QuickBooks processes.
- Move to your desktop, double-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Utilities.
- Choose Repair File, then Network Problems and click Yes.
- Look for the QuickBooks company file folder, open it and select Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll the drop-down, choose your issue and enter login details.
- Click QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and wait till it resolves the issues.
- Reboot your computer, open QuickBooks, and continue using the application.
We hope this blog on QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool answered all your queries. If you want to know more about the same, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and communicate with certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks error h202